Danny's Korean Class on italki

How to start learning Korean? (Super beginner)


안녕하세요? I'm your Korean language trainer Danny. :)
I have seen a lot of students worrying about how to start learning Korean.
Let's take a look at some questions.

Q. Do I need to study reading first? Or speaking first?
When I learned Chinese and Japanese, I practiced speaking first. Because the purpose of learning was talking with my Chinese and Japanese friends and Chinese and Japanese character were too many and difficult.
However, I always recommend my students to learn Korean character, Hangul, first whatever the purpose of learning. Because Hangul is really easy. Students who have started to learn Korean with me for the first time, watch my 30 minutes Hangul video first. And after practicing with me 1~3 hours, they can read Hangul correctly. If you can spend a little time to learn Hangul, you can learn various expressions sooner.



Q. Do I have to watch Korean dramas or listen K-pops?
It is true that watching Korean dramas and listening K-pops will help you to learn Korean. But if you don’t like it, you don’t need to force yourself to do that.

Q. What textbook should I refer to?
If I wrote a Korean book, I would recommend my book.J But since I haven’t written a book yet, I recommend you to look for the suitable book for you in the bookstore. It is also recommended to use 'Sejong Korean', a free e-book, provided by ‘King Sejong Institute’. My Italki class also follows the curriculum of ‘Sejong Korean’.

Q. How many hours do I have to study to speak Korean?
Like all other languages, it's hard to tell exactly because the speed of learning is so different for each student. Whether Korean dramas, K-pops or any others, it seems important to keep your interest in Korea.
If you enjoy learning Korean slowly rather than study Korean stressful, you will be able to speak Korean, faster than you expected.

Q. I want to learn Korean for free.
You can watch videos on YouTube or use language exchange apps like ‘Hellotalk’, ‘Anygram’ etc... It takes a little money, but it is good to use application like 'memrise', 'drops', 'duolingo', lingodeer' etc. But sometimes there are some weird expressions. So, you'd better to check some expressions with your language partner. 

Click → [ Let's meet teacher Danny on 'italki' ]



Κορεατική μάθηση, Koreaans leren, कोरियाली सिक्ने, Koreansk læring, Koreanisches Lernen, Korejas mācīšanās,
Coreanica doctrina, Корейское обучение, Învățarea coreeană, Pembelajaran Korea, Солонгос хэл сурах, 
Học tiếng Hàn, কোরিয়ান লার্নিং, Корейски обучение, Корејско учење, Koreanska lärande, Aprendizaje coreano,
Kórejské vzdelávanie, Korejsko učenje, تعلم الكورية, Կորեական ուսուցում, Kóreska nám, foghlaim Cóiréis,
Koreya öyrənmə, Koreaanse leer, Të mësuarit korean, Korea õppimine, Korea lernado, Koreys tilini o'rganish,
Корейське навчання, dysgu Corea, L'apprendimento coreano, Belajar bahasa Korea, 韓国語学習, 学习,
Korejské učení, Корейлік оқыту, Korejsko učenje, கொரிய கற்றல், การเรียนรู้ภาษาเกาหลี, Korece öğrenme,
یادگیری کره ای, Aprendizado coreano, Koreańska nauka, Apprentissage coréen, Korean oppiminen,
Koreai tanulás, למידה קוריאנית, कोरियाई सीखने